Exit is something every founder and investor “dreams” about. Exits happen and good exits are results of long work.
Building an exit takes long time and here are some first steps for build exit - which you should start allready today :
- Know your competitors and build a emailing list of major competitors CEO’s, CFO’s, CTO’s and other relevant Cxx’s and directors
- Include them in your frequent PR emailings (do not spam)
- Celebrate “publicly” your breakthroughs (business, technology)
- Try to be market opinion leader with white papers, market research etc.
- Be active and be present in potential acquirer’s major market
- Try to meet Cxx’s in industry events and customer events
- Go to meet Cxx’s of your potential acquirer
- Build co-operations and partnerships with potential acquirer in sales, marketing, market research, technology etc.
Building a exit is not a science- it is in most cases hard work for long period - and some luck 😉